Valentine's Day is a time show your love! We shower our significant other and loved ones with chocolate, candy and flowers. As a matter of fact Valentine's Day is the second biggest day to give someone flowers, coming in second to Mother's Day. Love is in the air so why not shower your most devoted companion as well? And I am not talking about head pats and belly rubs, go the extra mile, get your whole family involved and make some homemade treats. They are the perfect way to say I Ruff You!
1 1/4 C wheat flour (plus extra for flouring rollout surface)
1/2 C wheat germ
1/4 C ground flax meal
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C honey
4-6 Tbsp water, divided into 4 Tbsp and 2 Tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix the first four dry ingredients well in a large bowl.
3. Add honey and 4 Tbsp water and mix together.
4. Add additional water if mixture is not holding completely together.
5. By hand, knead dough into a ball.
6. On wax paper or a floured surface, roll dough our to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into heart (or your favorite) shape.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bottoms are browned.
Makes approx. 3-4 dozen.