Fun Dog Facts To Share With Your Children
FUN DOG FACTS
- An adult dog has 42 teeth.
- A dog’s smell is more than 1,000,000 times stronger than that of a person.
- More than 1 in 3 families in the United States owns a dog.
- Spaying or neutering your dog can help prevent certain types of cancer.
- If never spayed or neutered a pair of dogs can produce 66,000 puppies in 6
- A dog’s sense of hearing is more than ten times more accurate than that of
- The average dog can run about 19 miles per hour at full speed.
- Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the bible.
- A dog’s nose print is one of a kind, very similar to a person’s fingerprint.
- The average body temperature for a dog is 101.2.
- With an average lifespan of just over 11 years, the typical dog costs
- The only sweat glands a dog has are between its toes.
- Dogs are omnivorous; they need to eat more than just meat.
- Dogs have twice as many ear muscles as people.
- Dogs will be submissive to anyone they feel is higher up in the pack.
- People have been keeping dogs for pets for 12,000 years.
- A female dog carries her puppies for about 60 days before they are born.
- It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They actually see color, just not as
vividly as a person.
- Obesity is the number 1 health problem in dogs.
- 70% of people sign their pets name on greeting/holiday cards.